THCa (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid that is found in raw cannabis plants. When cannabis is heated, THCa is converted into THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive compound responsible for the “high” associated with cannabis use.
Different strains of cannabis have varying levels of THCa, as well as other cannabinoids and terpenes that contribute to their unique characteristics. However, some common threads of benefits, features, and chemical aspects of major strains of high THCa cannabis include:
- Potential anti-inflammatory properties: THCa has been shown to have potential anti-inflammatory properties, which may be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis and autoimmune disorders.
- Potential neuroprotective properties: Studies have suggested that THCa may have neuroprotective properties, which may be beneficial for conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Potential antiemetic properties: THCa has been shown to have potential antiemetic properties, which may be helpful for people who experience nausea and vomiting.
- Sativa strains tend to have higher levels of THCa than indica strains, although there are exceptions.
- Some popular strains known for their high THCa content include Durban Poison, Jack Herer, and Amnesia Haze.
- High THCa strains may have a more uplifting, cerebral effect than strains with lower levels of THCa.
- Chemical aspects:
- THCa is the precursor to THC, and is converted to THC through a process called decarboxylation, which occurs when cannabis is heated.
- THCa is a relatively unstable compound and can degrade over time, especially when exposed to heat, light, and oxygen.
- THCa is often measured in terms of its percentage of total cannabinoid content, and can range from less than 1% to over 30% in some strains.
Overall, THCa is a fascinating and potentially beneficial compound found in cannabis, and different strains of high THCa cannabis may offer unique benefits and effects depending on their specific cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
Showing all 4 results
Premium THCa Flower from Your 420 HQ$42.95 – $77.95 — or from $38.66 – $70.16 / month Select options
THCa Flower from Your 420 HQ$39.95 – $72.95 — or from $35.96 – $65.66 / month Select options
THCa Pre Rolls from Your 420 HQ$32.95 — or / month Select options
Crush THCa 9 Live Resin blend 3 GRAM Dabs— or / month Select options